Communications Manager Vacancy
The British Omani Society is looking for a Communications Manager to join the Executive team and be responsible for managing all social communications, outreach as well as cultural and youth-based projects between the United Kingdom and Oman.
This role’s primary mission will be to deepen and expand on the very friendly relationship between the UK and Oman in line with our charitable objects. This will involve building on our social media to expand our audience and spreading awareness of the Society’s offerings as well as continuing to promote Oman and the UK. It will also involve planning new events, lectures, and delegations as well as managing current long-term schemes such as the Gap Year and Arabic Language Schemes.
The successful candidate will report to the Director, Neil Coxon, and work closely with the AOS Board of Trustees and Oman and British Embassies. Both the Director and the Communications Manager will be supported by the Management Assistant.
- Managing all social media channels such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook;
- Develop strategies to increase followers, create and oversee social campaigns, produce content and review analytics;
- Editor and responsible for the annual “Review” publication;
- Curating new events that engage with our members and are Oman and UK focused;
- Developing activities and projects in line with our charitable objects;
- Leading and organising the New Generation Group annual delegations (including seeking sponsorship, budget management, programme, venue, catering and logistics);
- Supporting the Society’s ongoing lectures and webinars (this will include, finding speakers, advertising, organising catering, etc.);
- Continue to build on our podcast channel;
- Managing the Arabic Language and Gap Year Schemes in Muscat (including promoting the Schemes, interviewing candidates, organising flights and all related logistics);
- Supporting with content for our Annual Review publication;
- Managing our Arabic language classes run from in London over Zoom;
- Working closely with universities and student associations to raise awareness of the Society and Oman in the UK;
- Managing interns (referred to as a Management Assistant); and
- Supporting the Director with other AOS work as appropriate.
The Executive team at the Society work closely together on all projects, so you will get involved in activities that are also related to the Omani British Business Council when deemed appropriate by the Director.
What We Are Looking For
- Proactive and self-starting.
- Confident in using the main social media platforms.
- Ability to engage and build relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong attention to detail, especially in written communication.
- Creative and able to use programmes such as Canva for designing.
- Growth mindset: keen to develop in the role, drive momentum and deliver new projects, programmes, and initiatives.
What You Can Expect
- A salary range of £26,000 - £32,000 pa (depending on experience), reviewed annually, plus pension contributions.
- A high degree of autonomy.
- The opportunity to network with companies, educational establishment, NGOs across various sectors in Oman and the UK.
- A collaborative and team-orientated working environment.
- Opportunity for private Arabic language tuition.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Fluency in English and strong written English skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to commute into London at least three days a week (hybrid working).
- The right to work in the UK (we are unable to provide visas).
- Knowledge of Oman and/or the Gulf.
- Professional marketing / communications experience.
- Experience of basic website design (such as CMS or WordPress).
- Experience of basic photoshop, illustrator or Canva skills.
- Experience of basic video/audio editing skills.
The Executive team consists of:
- Director (who manages and coordinates the Society’s team and objectives).
- Communications Manager (who has responsibility for the Society’s outward-facing communications).
- Business Opportunities Manager (promoting the UK and Oman’s close economic and commercial relationship).
- Management Assistant (who supports all the Society’s activities, including communication, event coordination and administration).
The Executive team reports to a Board of Directors.
Applicants should submit a CV and one-page cover letter, explaining in a few paragraphs why you think you are fitted for this post, to Neil Coxon (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 2359hrs 10th March 2023.
Interviews for short-listed candidates will be held in March.