A) Individual Membership
The qualification for being a member of The British Omani Society is the following:
EITHER a citizen of or a permanent resident in the UK, with a tangible interest in Oman
OR a citizen of or a permanent resident in Oman, with a tangible interest in the UK.
Benefits of Individual membership include unlimited access to our London and Oman monthly lecture programme, discounts on some Oman Air flights (until the end of 2023), webinars, panel discussions and a wide range of activities in conjunction with our partners including the Oman Embassy in London, as well as discounted use of our Board Room and Lecture Room. All members receive a copy of the annual Review, weekly press digests plus first-look at our insights, OBBC 'Spotlight On' series and all publications.
The annual subscription for Individual Membership is currently £10
B) Associates of the Society
Those applicants who do not meet the criteria of being an Individual Member may be accepted as an Associate of the Society.
Associates can enjoy the same benefits as Individual Members; however, as they are not a member of the Society, they will not be entitled to vote at general meetings (AGMs and EGMs), but equally they are not required to provide the £1 guarantee to the Society.
The annual subscription for an Associate of the Society is currently £10
BOS Corporate Members can nominate up to four individuals with the equivalent access of our Individual Members. In addition, the Omani British Business Council, which is part of the British Omani Society, is comprised of all the Society’s corporate members. Benefits of corporate membership include invitations to all Oman British Business Council events. See here for further details of the OBBC.
The OBBC, together with OBFA, represent a business development network that can deliver insights and competitive advantage to Omani and UK companies. OBBC can provide corporate members of BOS with material value through:
- High impact briefings, events and workshops, including:
- Access to, and engagement with, an exceptional Omani-British network, maintained over decades and constantly updated, at the highest levels of business, academia and government;
- Discount for selected Oman Air flights (until the end of 2023);
- Use of our Board Room and Lecture Room; and
- Participation in sector-based ad hoc working groups on subjects like fisheries, tourism, higher education, healthcare, infrastructure, new energies/sustainability, and the digital economy.
The annual subscriptions for Corporate Members are currently:
For companies of 1-19 employees, £150
For companies of 20+ employees, £250