Omani British Business Council
The Omani British Business Council (OBBC) is part of The British Omani Society (BOS). OBBC is comprised of all BOS corporate members. The Chairman of OBBC is Chris Breeze, who is also Vice Chairman of the BOS. OBBC is the UK counterpart of the Omani British Friendship Association (OBFA), the Chairman of which is Hon. Saleh Zakwani.
The OBBC was formed to promote the close economic and commercial relationship between the Sultanate of Oman and United Kingdom and to develop bilateral trade, investment and other economic partnerships between the two countries. It is the principal conduit within the Society to facilitate and foster the commercial relationships which is part of our unique friendship.
The OBBC, together with OBFA, represent a business development network that can deliver insights and competitive advantage to Omani and UK companies. OBBC can provide corporate members of BOS with material value through:
- High impact briefings, events and workshops, including:
- Briefings from senior visiting Omanis;
- Quarterly breakfast briefings; and
- An Annual Summer Reception hosted by OBBC for senior Omani visitors;
- Access to, and engagement with, an exceptional Omani-British network, maintained over decades and constantly updated, at the highest levels of business, academia and government;
- Discounted use of our Board Room and Lecture Room; and
- Participation in sector-based ad hoc working groups on subjects like fisheries, tourism, higher education, healthcare, infrastructure, new energies/sustainability, and the digital economy.
We welcome applications all year round through the corporate membership application portal.
The annual subscriptions for Corporate Members are currently:
For companies of 1-19 employees, £150
For companies of 20+ employees, £250
For information on our recent conference, New Energy in Oman held on 27th July at Mansion House, please click here.