Applications are now open to take part in our funded Arabic Language Scheme to Oman and our paid Society Internship. Our opportunities are open to current and recent students who are British nationals. Find out more below.
Society Internship: Starts 11 Sept 2023
(Deadline for applications: 15 Aug 2023)
Are you passionate about the Middle East? Are you interested in education and building connections between different cultures? Would you like to focus your career in International Relations or the not-for-profit sector?
- Fixed-term contract for six months, with the possibility to extend up to nine months
- Full-time position, working hours 9:30 am - 5:30 pm, Mon-Fri, with occasional evenings (37 hours a week)
- You will be based at our offices in Central London. Hybrid working, minimum 3 days in the office
- Paid at the London Living Wage
- Open to British nationals
There will be the opportunity to travel to Oman for 7 days during the internship, subject to good performance, to conduct an individual project (travel and accommodation expenses will be included).
Find out more and apply online
Arabic Language Scheme: Running 30 June - 22 Aug 2024
(Deadline for applications: 31 October 2023)
- Criteria: For British nationals who are recent graduates. Must have existing Mid-Advanced level Arabic.
- Intake: 10 full scholarships available
- Location: at Sultan Qaboos College for Teaching Arabic to Non-Native Speakers in Manah, Oman
- Activities: 5 hours of Arabic tuition per day, mainly Modern Standard Arabic, also classes and language exchange in Omani dialect
- Opportunities to improve current Arabic level, explore Oman and learn about its people, history and culture
Find out more & apply online
The Society also runs an annual Gap Year scheme to Oman (now closed for applications) and events programme (in person and online). To recieve news about our upcoming scheme openings, events and other opportunities straight to your inbox, sign-up to become a member of the Society today.